Worldwide Shih-Tzu forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worldwide Shih-Tzu forum

Worldwide Shih-Tzu forum, where all breeders, handlers, groomers and shih-tzu lovers can meet and talk about this breed

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Advice on nursing mother with non infected mastitis (6 pups 4 weeks old)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evielouise

Advice on nursing mother with non infected mastitis (6 pups 4 weeks old) Empty
PostSubject: Advice on nursing mother with non infected mastitis (6 pups 4 weeks old)   Advice on nursing mother with non infected mastitis (6 pups 4 weeks old) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi. Just wondering if anyone has similar experience. Out lovely girl Evie has just had her 2nd litter of puppies. She had 5 girls and 1 boy. Unfortunately the other night I noticed she had a swollen disc under one of her teats so took her to our vet who said she has a back up of milk there but thinks we caught it before it has become infected mastitis. She has given her noroclav antibiotics. Since then although seeming happy in herself ivenoticed she's not paying attention to the puppies now. We are in the process of weaning them and now having to stimulate them to poop too. Does anyone have any advice on this. All puppies are doing great and are very beautiful. Finding them to be a bit constipated with having to step in and wean faster than I would normally, ie as mum had had enough. Any ideas on help gladly appreciated. Louise
Back to top Go down

Advice on nursing mother with non infected mastitis (6 pups 4 weeks old)
Page 1 of 1